We did a song for the Pale Saints tribute on The Blog That Celebrates Itself records.
You can download the entire compilation here:The Language of Flowers
We're also finishing up another batch of songs and will have more in the very near future.
We're included in a fascinating History of Dreampop.
New shirts! Broken hearts get what they deserve. WM, WL, MS-XL. $15. Order on our merch page
All versions with the 7-inch are sold out. Thanks!!
Order link: http://www.alr-music.com/
Stream Girl Afraid here
C'est la Mort is only on the limited edition 7-inch. Order either the CD + 7-inch + t-shirt or CD + 7-inch package now and don't put yourself in a position to want the one you can't have.
Reasons we're excited:
1. We had a good excuse to learn the almost-speed-metal-fast chord changes in "Girl Afraid"
2. We got to record with Erik Blood
3. It's the Smiths, c'mon, of course we're excited
4. 7-inch singles are great, especially when limited
5. Even if you don't have a record player, you'll still get a free download with the 7-inch. Put it on your wall and show off your old/new-school cred.
6. Just look at the bands on this comp! (This ain't some Cleopatra tribute to the Oingo Boingo done by one original member of the Mission UK, Bret Michaels and some dude from the Hollywood Guitar Center)
7. see #3.
Please, Please, Please: A Tribute to the Smiths
American Laundromat records has enlisted a herd of indie rock luminaries — including The Wedding Present, Built to Spill’s Doug Martsch, Throwing Muses co-founder Tanya Donelly, Telekinesis and Stars — to contribute covers of more than 20 classic songs by The Smiths for a new tribute album to be released December 13, 2011.
The double-CD set is available for pre-order in three configurations: a $13 bundle, which includes the CD and a one-inch promo pin; a $20 bundle, which includes the CD, a limited-edition 7-inch with three more covers, a download of those tracks, and the pin; or a $35 bundle, which includes the CD, the 7-inch, the downloads, the pin, a T-shirt and a “private preview of the album.”
In a fitting touch, American Laundromat Records secured a photo of ’60s U.K. pop star Sandie Shaw for the cover art; Shaw was a favorite of both Morrissey and Johnny Marr who, in 1984, covered The Smiths’ “Hand in Glove.”
Exclusive Limited Edition Bonus 7-inch
1. “Asleep” — Stars
2. “Girl Afraid” — C’est la Mort
3. “Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want” — The Caulfield Sisters
1. “Panic” — Kitten
2. “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before” — The Rest
3. “What Difference Does It Make?” — Joy Zipper
4. “Shoplifters Of The World Unite” — Tanya Donelly w/Dylan in the Movies
5. “Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want” — William Fitzsimmons
6. “I Won’t Share You” — Sixpence None the Richer
7. “Well I Wonder” — Sara Lov
8. “Half A Person” — Greg Laswell
9. “Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me” — Dala
10. “Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others” — Chikita Violenta
1. “Sheila Take A Bow” — Telekinesis
2. “Is It Really So Strange?” — Solvents
3. “Hand In Glove” — The Wedding Present
4. “How Soon Is Now?” — Mike Viola and The Section Quartet
5. “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” — Trespassers William
6. “Rubber Ring” — Girl in a Coma
7. “I Know It’s Over” — Elk City
8. “What She Said” — Katy Goodman (La Sera, Vivian Girls)
9. “London” — Cinerama
10. “Reel Around the Fountain” — Doug Martsch (Built To Spill)
Patetico Recordings has released a huge benefit compilation of shoegaze bands for disaster relief in Japan.
You can order digital versions of the six (!) volumes on Amazon, with hard copies to be released later.
We are on Volume 6.
photo by David Wentworth
The remix album, "In the Soft Focus Light of I Love You," is now officially sold out and out of print.
You can download it now at http://cestlamort.bandcamp.com. We're stealing a page out of the Radiohead book and letting you name your own price. (for a limited time). Well, what are you waiting for?
We're on a free compilation by the NWShoegazer blog. It is only available for two weeks (until January 3rd, 2011). Great songs by Ten Million Lights, the Insect Guide, and many many more. Update: now gone!
The Fuzzy Ball was a hoot. Thanks for coming out.
THE FUZZY BALL - A Tribute Night to Shoegazer and Pyschedelic music! Featuring cover songs and originals by The Prids, The Upsidedown, Pete International Airport, This Blinding Light, The Purrs, C'est La Mort, Joy Wants Eternity
Admission gets you a new compilation CD featuring rare songs by The Raveonettes, Serena Maneesh, Hopewell, Ringo Deathstar, Christian Bland (Black Angels) and many of the nights' participants and others...
Hope everyone was able to make it to the Chameleons show -- we had a great time and it was lovely to take part in the joyous show. It made us proud to be from Seattle.
Check out our new release(s):
- Empty Words Fill Lonely Spaces (debut album, 10 songs)
- In the Soft Focus Light of I Love You (remixes, 7 songs) (limited edition)
You can order both through our Merch section. We'll include buttons (pinbacks) and stickers with every order!
C'est la Mort is:
We're still trying to get our Friendster page updated and in order. Till then, check here: